Nearshore Americas

SaviLinx Claims It Pays Highest Wages for Onshore Agents

U.S. BPO provider SaviLinx claims to be offering one of the highest starting wages for customer care agents in the country as it scales up operations in Brunswick, Maine.
With the potential to earn up to US$16.50 per hour, the new recruits are being hired to support the company’s service contract with a government agency, which explains the high salary.
According to Mainebiz, a news portal focused on business activities in the state, SaviLinx employs all kinds of people, including musicians and skilled retirees who want to supplement their income.
Founded in 2013, SaviLinx has more than 500 agents across its many centers in Maine, as well as approximately 200 employees in Mississippi and some working from home.
The company is expecting revenue of more than US$10 million this year, up from US$4.3 million last year. Approximately 75% of SaviLinx’s revenue comes from government agencies, while the remaining 25% comes from private firms, including start-ups.
The local government in Maine will hold a referendum later this year to decide whether to raise the minimum hourly wage of US$7.50 to US$9 in 2017, with annual US$1 increases up to US$12 by 2020, according to Mainebiz.
Minimum wages are often altered on the basis of cost-of-living. The Maine referendum is scheduled to take place in November this year.

Sign up for our Nearshore Americas newsletter:

Narayan Ammachchi

News Editor for Nearshore Americas, Narayan Ammachchi is a career journalist with a decade of experience in politics and international business. He works out of his base in the Indian Silicon City of Bangalore.

Add comment